Make this ring for my daughter. I am sharing the steps by steps in making the ring. Using this technique, you can come up with your own design. Hope you will like it! Please feel free to leave a comment here should you have better suggestion to improve the ring.
30cm 0.8 cm gauge copper wire
50cm 0.4cm gauge copper wire
Dowel – You can use round shaped pen, lipstick that is similar to your ring size.
Step by step:
1. Position center of the wire on a dowel and bend the wires to the other side as shown.
2. Once the shape is form, take it out from the dowel. You may use sticker to hold the ring.
3. Wrap the ring with with the 0.4 gauge wire.
4. Complete wrapping the whole ring as shown in picture below.
5. Now twist one of the 0.8 gauge wire to 90 degree (shown as A in picture).
6. Slowly twist the other end of 0.8 gauge wire (shown as B in picture) around wire A to lock the ring.
7. Now make spiral using wire A. You need approximately 6cm to make the spiral. Cut off excess wire if you don’t need too big the spiral.
8. Now make the second spiral using wire B. As shown in the picture, you twist the wire around and below wire A. For this design, this spiral is bigger than spiral made of wire A.
9. Thread few beads into the the wire and then twist the wire to the back as shown in picture.
10. Now make another spiral from the end of the wire.
11. Adjust the 3 spirals to your preferred position and you are done!
Please share your comment on how to improve this ring.